Monday, December 19, 2011
Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer/tofu - 2 cups of small cubes
Onion - 1 medium-sized one, chopped fine
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Methi leaves - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cream - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Butter or ghee-2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
How I Made It:
1. Heat 2tbsp of butter or ghee in a pan and fry the paneer/tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
4. Next, add the corriander powder, garam masala, chilly powder and some salt. Fry for few minutes.
5. To this, add the tomato ketchup and methi. Mix well and add the milk.
6. Lower fire and cook covered for 5 mins.
7. Open lid, add the fried paneer/tofu and the cream. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves .
Serve warm with Chappatis or pulav.
Tip : If paneer is fresh one no need to fry it...otherwise better fry it with little butter or ghee.